Friday, October 24, 2008

Tour de Lavasa with Cycle Veers !!!

After persistent requests finally on one beautiful sunny Sunday I decided to
accompany cycle veers Sumit (Pal-Da), Prasad, Utpaal, Rupesh and Vipul and that too on my motor bike:). It was tour de Lavasa. It is a place 40 Km from Pune city and the road is just amazing. These guys practice regularly on this road on week-ends.

Sexy, Curvy Road to Lavasa

I used to ride bicycle, jog a lot and do hell lot of other things. I was running here n there in search of something which I was not aware. One day suddenly a question rose my mind why am I running and for what? At that magical moment I realized I am already having what I am running for and next moment my running ceased. Suddenly an intense urge for the deep rest rose and after that I stopped running unnecessarily. Many of friends including these cycle veers started questioning this change in behavior and too answer them was impossible as it can not be expressed. Anyway, now that does not mean that I do not run or ride bicycle I do still however now on whenever life say so, not on my own will :). Now the very effort has been dropped. On the other hand I do not discourage (in fact encourage) others from riding, running as each n every person has a different path to reach to the same point. Each n every person in this universe is in search of something and he/she expresses this search in different forms like sports, music, art, business, family etc etc to reach that destination.

Back from Lavasa I could not resist my temptation for Prasad's FireFox and tried my legs on her ;). Wow the bike is beauty. She is slender, sleek and catches speed like a fire against the wind and yes definitely sexy ;)

REST after FIRE

Well, these cycle veers toured Leh from Manali on their bicycles in 9 days. Vows to them !!. They are now preparing for Pune - Mumbai bicycle race. As a part of their preparation, tomorrow Pal-Da and Prasad are going to ride from Pune to Kolhapur. All the best to you :).

Pal-Da, Prasad, Utpal

Mind you its not everybodys job, it requires hard work, practice, endurance and most important ability to absorb the pain. That's why sports has a special signifcance in life. I will cover it in a separate article.

Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever. --- Lance Armstrong

Here are few more photos taking during this tour.


Children playing on Jamun tree


Girl having her Happy Time

More awesome photos of Tour De Lavasa by talened Photographer Rajiv



Tour De Leh Photos by Rajiv :)


Jai Gurudev!

7 comments:

Katiée.Ge said...

You should have put more photos of this wonderful trip :)
And BW photos seem excellent! :)

Regards,
Eka

SACH said...

Thanks Eka, however I clicked only few as I was in state to see only few :)

Rach said...

I loved the BW pics..But yeah you should really put more pics !

-Rach

SACH said...

Thanks Rach(na) ;). Next time for sure :)

Katiée.Ge said...

Veeerrry Impressive!

Anonymous said...

I think, you will appreciate the writings of Dr. Viktor Frankl .. it reinforces a perspective towards life, in way that we all feel, sometime or the other, and he does so with his tenets about existentialism.

Unknown said...

Sachin, Thanks for sharing this wonderful experience with me. You sure have unique perspective of things around you and it is very evident in your photos.
Best,
Rajesh